zondag 14 oktober 2007

Staircyle a real hill climber


The Staircyle has never been tested by us in Europe but we are glad that Outdoorstepper fans all over the world post their stories and pictures like this one that we have received from Craig Ridenhour the inventor of the staircycle.

Gary must be a strong athlete and in our opinion a real Hill climbing devil!

I just wanted to show you a couple of pictures taken of me at the Mt. Diablo Challenge Hillclimb this past Sunday.

It's a 10.8 mile hillclimb with 3200 feet of climbing. I have done the climb for about 16 years on a bicycle, unicycle, kickbike (push scooter), and with my son on a trail-a-bike. I decided to do the StairCycle this year.

The thing weighs 40 lbs. And the gearing was not quite low enough, so it was a bit difficult. I was not going for a fast time, but just a good ride up to the top. My finish time after about 5 rest stops was 1 hour 36 minutes.

Overall it was a good climb, and I got a lot of attention from riders. The most common thing I heard was " I've never seen that before....

Geen opmerkingen: